Sunday, May 29, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

Well now that I have made my crust I need something to put into it so my hubbies' favorite pie is strawberry rhubarb and I have a garden full of rhubarb right now, so that is what he is gonna get.  Oh my goodness was this good, my hubby just ate it up.  Now he likes the kind with the crumble crust.  I like mine with a regular top and bottom crust.







Ingredients

4 cups rhubarb
2 cup strawberries, sliced and hulled
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
dash of salt

Mix all the ingredients together and put in a pie crust.

Crumble Top

2/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
dash of salt
1/4 cup of margarine

Combine flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt.  Stir in butter just until crumbly and spread over fruit.  Bake pie at 400 for 20 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 40 minutes or until filling is bubbling.  If the crusts at the side start to get brown just cover with tin foil.

Makes 1 9 inch pie.  Makes 8 to 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment