Sunday, May 15, 2011

Banana Split Dessert

This is one of those desserts that are just way to good, give me a spoon and I can sit down and eat the whole thing.  Good thing I am on a diet this week, trying to shed those winter extra add on  pounds.  But the kids love it.  If you love cheese cake then this is ten times better, that is all I can say.

Banana Split Dessert


Base:
1/2 cup butter melted
2 cups graham wafer crumbs
Middle:
2 eggs (Beat for 4 minutes)
2 cups icing sugar
3/4 cup butter at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla

Next Layer:

1 (20 oz) can pineapple
4 bananas sliced
Top Layer
1 (9 oz) Cool Whip
Chocolate Syrup (like Hersheys for chocolate milk)
Mix melted butter and graham crackers crumbs and spread evenly in a 9 X 13 pan.  Beat eggs for 4 minutes then add icing sugar, butter and vanilla.  Spread evenly over base.  Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Cut up bananas and place over middle layer, then add cool whip and then sprinkle chocolate syrup over the top.  Refrigerate again, slice and serve to others if you can.  I like to keep it all for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment