Monday, May 2, 2011

Easy Spahetti Sauce


So to start things off today I made homemade spaghetti sauce for another day and then I freeze, before you go all crazy and say oh that’s way too much work, it is no different than opening a can of spaghetti sauce.  Trust me this will taste so much better, than the canned stuff and you may never eat canned again.


Easy Peasy Spaghetti Sauce





2 bottles of home canned tomato sauce (or if you must 2 (28 oz) big cans of crushed tomatos)
1 good tablespoon crushed garlic
2 pinches of Italian Seasoning
1 good tablespoon oregano
2 tsp basil
¼ cup dried onion flakes
1 tsp sugar (takes the acid out of the sauce)
I also add a pinch of celery seed
You can also add some green peppers if you like, I do but they don't know it.  I put them in the blender and crush them and then add it to the sauce they never know what they are eating.  I hide good things everyday into their food.  Of course they hate green peppers, onions and such so I grind them up and mix them in, they never know.  Of course if they read this they will.

Mix all ingredients together and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes, I mean like on 3 or 4 on your dial.  Then add your cooked hamburger.  Don't cook your sauce for hours, I find the sooner you eat it the better it tastes, the flavors don't get lost in the cooking or vaporized away.

While your sauce is cooking, bring well salted water to boil ( I add about 1/4 cup of salt to a big pot) and cook your pasta, when the pasta is ready, serve with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment