Sunday, July 31, 2011

Parisian Potatoes Recipe

I do these on the BBQ in a casserole dish to bake in the summer, then my kitchen is not hot.  Like tonight for supper we had ribs, these potatoes and fresh corn from our neighbours garden.  I did everything out side on the BBQ and yes even the corn.  If I am in a hurry I just peel my potato and cut them up into cubes about 1 inch in diameter.  You can also bake these in the oven for about 30 minutes.



Parisian Potatoes Recipe

Ingredients


16  small new potatoes peeled or you can leave the skin on 
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 tbsp butter
1 small onion chopped2 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
1 tbsp parsley - finely chopped

2 tbsp garlic or to your taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
  1. Peel the potatoes.
  2. Using a Parisienne scoop (or melon baller), scoop out balls of potato, approximately 1.5cm in diameter.  I am very lucky I can buy this already done at my local grocery.  Another thing you can do is just cut up your potato into cubes and use them that way it does not have to be perfect.  If I am in a hurry I just peel my potato and cut them up into cubes about 1 inch in diameter.
  3. Place the potato balls in a pot and cover with cold water.
  4. Bring to the boil and then drain
  5. Place all ingredients in a 9 X 13 pyrex pan stirring them to make sure they are covered in the mixture.  Place on the BBQ for about 20 minutes.  Shaking the pan occasionally to ensure they are cooked evenly.  You can also bake these in the oven for about 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment