Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Butter Pecan Cake Mix Cookies

If you can't already tell I am on a cookie rampage, all I can do is eat, think, and sleep cookies.  My kids are gobbling them up so fast, I have been making multiple batches everyday. So the other day I stumbled upon the cookie recipe for cake mix cookies, which by my standards are to good to be true.  So now everytime I go into the supermarket I am looking for all different types of cake mixes.  On the weekend I stumbled upon a butter pecan cake mix.  So today here is my concoction of Cake Mix Butter Pecan Cookies.

Butter Pecan Cake Mix Cookies



  


1 package butter pecan cake mix (18.25 - ounce)
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
Butterscotch baking chips

  1. Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a large mixing bowl combine half the cake mix, butter and eggs with an electric mixer on medium high speed, until smooth.
  3. Stir in the remaining dry butter pecan cake mix, with a wooden spoon just until combined and moistened.
  4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart
  5. Place a couple of baking chips on top of each cookie.
  6. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the center is just barely set when lightly touched with your fingertip and the edges are firm.
  7. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for a minute or two.
  8. Transfer the cookies to wire racks with a metal spatula and allow them to cool completely before storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment